Ownership history of Hinckley/The Talaria Company, LLC:
Decline of a legend
1st 1928 – Founded by Benjamin Hinckley
2nd 1932 – Taken over by son, Henry R. Hinckley
3rd 1979 – Sold by Henry R. Hinckley to Richard Tucker and run by William Moyer
4th 1982 – Henry R. Hinckley’s son, Bob Hinckley, bought company back with help from his business partner, Shepard McKenney
5th 1997 – Sold by Hinckley/McKenney to The Bain, Willard Companies – William Bain, Ralph Willard, and Alexander Spaulding
6th 1999 – The Talaria Company, LLC was founded.
7th 2000 – Fictitious name Hinckley Yacht Services was filed.
8th 2001 – 51% controlling interest sold to Monitor Clipper Partners – Mark T. Thomas and William Young, both of Luxembourg – James P. McManus appointed CEO (now deceased)
9th 2005 – Company sold to Scout Partners, LLC – David Howe and Pete Peterson – Gerard DiSchino appointed CEO – David Howe is currently CEO of Scout Partners and Chair of Hinckley Yacht Services; Pete Peterson is deceased
- 2008 – Subsidiaries Alden Yachts, Inc. and Winter Yacht Basin, Inc. both dissolved (no info on when they were acquired)
- 2013 – Scout Partners, LLC acquired Hunt Yachts
- 2016 – Scout Partners/Hinckley acquired Morris Yachts, LLC
- 2022 – Current LLC members are Jerry Lundquist (McKinsey & Co), Brooks Gordon (W. P. Carey), David Howe (Scout Partners LLC) (“The Talaria Company LLC”).
Current executive team for Talaria/Hinckley is:
- Geoffrey Berger, CEO.
- Michael Arieta, President.
- Linda Cavanaugh, Chief Financial Officer.
- Pete Saladino, Chief Marketing Officer.
Call for Resignation & Sale, Infamous 'Hinckley Hooker', and more ...
© 2023 All Rights Reserved.